The ring of the Euganean Hills by bike
Individual arrival in Rovolon (PD).
Bike fitting (if rental included).
Welcome dinner and overnight at Tenuta Costigliola farmhouse.
The itinerary explores the Western side of the Euganean Hills. Here the cycle path crosses the cultivated countryside following water streams that flow at the base of the hills, a sparsely populated area immersed in tranquility.
We stop in Este, a lively village dominated by the Carrarese Castle and its beautiful green park. We follow the sinuous course of the Bisatto canal up to the medieval village of Monselice: here we leave the bikes and walk to Villa Duodo, from where we admire the remarkable landscape of the Venetian countryside. Finally, a few kilometers divide us from Arquà Petrarca, one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, where the famous poet Petrarca spent the last years of his life.
Dinner and overnight at Hotel Villa del Poeta*** in Arquà Petrarca.
The cycle path continues in the Eastern sector of the Euganean Hills, initially following the Battaglia canal, once used by Venetian nobles to reach their summer residences. On the way we can admire numerous villas, including Lispida Castle, Villa Selvatico and Catajo Castle. We head towards the Abbey of Praglia, permeated by an ancient atmosphere: a true friar guides us to discover its wonderful cloisters. After a few kilometers we reach Villa dei Vescovi, built in a dominant position on a small hill, and visit its richly frescoed rooms.
Then, following the cycle path, we return back to Tenuta Costigliola farmhouse in Rovolon. Goodbye!
The ring of the Euganean Hills (Travel package, 3 days, 2 nights)
329,00 € in double room
354,00 € in single room
Included costs of insurance and booking handling: 15,00 €/person
Deposit 50,00 € /person
To book, pay deposit and extras online. Balance has to be paid up to 21 days before departure (we’ll send you a link after your online booking).
• 1 night with breakfast at Tenuta Costigliola
• 1 night with breakfast at Hotel Villa del Poeta ***
• 2 dinners at the Hotels, 3-course menu, including water, a glass of wine and coffee
• City taxes
• 2 cycling routes
• 1 tour leader
• Luggage transfer
• Entrance to Villa dei Vescovi
• Guided visit of the Abbey of Praglia
• Medical and luggage insurance
• Cancelation insurance (read all details)
– Bike rental (see extra)
– 2 Lunches
– Anything not listed among the included services
+ 40.00 € /person For 2 days of hybrid bike rental, including lock, helmet and bag, delivered and collected at the Hotel
+ 65.00 € /person For 2 days of Kalkhoff e-bike rental, including lock, helmet and bag, delivered and collected at the Hotel
- 14–16 May 2021 (Book before April 14th)
- 8–10 October 2021 (Book before September 8th)
- Check all documents of the travel contract.
- Book online up to 30 days before departure: you pay the deposit (about 20% of the cost of the tour) and the extras.
- We’ll send you a link for the payment of the balance.
- Balance has to be paid up to 21 days before departure. In this moment we activate the cancellation insurance.
- All done, get ready for your Holidays! 🙂
…Are you late and you want to book? Give us a call!